Friday, January 9, 2009

After Great Research...


A LOT of songs to listen to...
Blink of An Eye- Hodges
Dawn of the Dead- Does It Offend You, Yeah? *My New Favorite*
Evident Utensil- Chairlift
Time On Your Side- Emily Jane White
God D*** Best- French Miami
All Over You- Spill Canvas
Gives You Hell- All American Rejects (which is currently #1 on alternative Itunes)

Eraser- New Age

So, It's the awards season, and I've had a few minutes to come up with stu
ff, here are a few songs and albums that have won my awards:

Overplayed But Still Good:
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol


New Old Band:
CAKE
Comfort Eagle, Dime, Wheels, etc. All great songs that I have discovered thanks to some old folks I know.

Not Really My Type Of Music, But I Still Love Them:
Paramore (Previously Mentioned in earlier posts...Look down...)
MIKA You might have heard his dance hit "Grace Kelly", but the en
tire album, Life In Cartoon Motion, was literally was on repeat all day at my house. The entire album is outstanding. It's pop-y, but I haven't met a person yet who hasn't loved him.

Most Catchy Song of 2008:
Bruises by Chairlift.Guaranteed to get stuck in your head. In a good way.

Best Songs on Commercials:

1234 by Feist (ipod)
Bruises by Chairlift (ipod)
Silly Boy by the Blue Van (some kind of ridiculous cell phone)

Best Sad Song:
Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright. Absoulutley amazing song. I've cried every time.

Great Thinking Songs:
DeVotchKa. There are a lot of great songs, but I recommend The Winner Is.
Breath Me- Sia. I love Sia, here calm voice and sweet songs are great.

To see other recommendations, please check out my entire page. There really is some good stuff on here, trust me.

Peace.Love.Nerdfighters.Twihards.

No comments:

Post a Comment